Skip to main content

The Buck Brothers/ Chapter Three


The next chapter of The Buck Brothers coming right up! Ready? Set? GO!
Chapter 3
"Who would have guessed it would be so easy." One man laughed. "We already got three of them held up behind those boulders." Some laughter followed from all three men.
Tex eyed the camp. One man was laying on his stomach watching the boulders with rifle in hand. The other two were drinking coffee by the fire with their pistols stuffed in their belts and rifles not too far away. Tex had to work fast before the other man woke up, but they were giving him no chances.
Fifteen minuets later Tex was drenched with sweat. A fly buzzed by his face, but he dared not brush it away. The three man were still talking and laughing about how easy it had been.
Tex wondered how long his brothers could or would stay held up behind those rocks. If they had water, maybe a while. If someone needed medical help maybe, just maybe, they would try to get out of there.
Tex's thoughts were interrupted when the man by the rocks hissed and held up a hand. The camp grew quiet. Tex watched as the other two men grabbed their rifles and went over to the cliff edge.
"Finally. They're coming out." The youngest one brought up his rifle.
"Wait until they are both out in the open, Kid." An older man put a hand on the youngster's barrel.
Tex could wait no longer. He jumped out of the bushes bringing up his rifle at the same time.  It made a clicking sound as he brought the lever forward then back, putting a cartage into the camber. The men froze.
"Don't turn around or it'll get mighty unpleasant," Tex said loudly. "Now put your rifles down behind you. No sudden moves or I might take it unfriendly like."
The men obeyed. Tex kept a close eye on the men as he used his feet to push the rifles farther away. "Now, wait a min...," The man called Pit started.
"Don't talk. Just drop those gun belts." Tex commanded. "Move careful now."
Soon Tex had their weapons out of the men's reach. "Okay, you can turn around now." He took a step back, to give himself more room in case they tried to jump him.
They turned slowly. Not taking any chances. When they turned, they looked into the steady brown eyes of a six foot tall man.
"What do you want?" Tuck asked gruffly, being more bold them he felt.
"I want to know why you and your men are trying to kill me and my brothers!" Tex demanded.
The men glanced at each other. "Y-you. W-we are trying to kill you?" One asked, trying to look innocent.
"Yea. Don't try to tell me otherwise, because I already know you are." Tex brown eyes flashed with anger, making the man flinch. "So why don't you start talking?"
Tex locked eyes with one of the men. The man looked down and squirmed under his gaze. Another man  muttered, "Hank Moor, you scoundrel! You were supposed to keep people off our backs!" and swore under his breath.
"That didn't answer  my question," Tex said. Then to the three men's surprise, he grinned. "You thought you were so smart. If you were, you would have watched your backs better."
"Why, You low liven...," Kid took a step foreword.
Tex rifle went back to his shoulder making the Kid stop mid step. "You take one more step and you will get you guts all over the place!" Tex warned.
Kid took a slow step back.
"Okay, what now?" One man snarled, but his gaze was off behind Tex.
"Well, first..."
Tex suddenly spun around at the sound of a foot step behind him. The men on the cliff dived forward grabbing for his feet making him trip. He hit the ground with a grunt and then something struck him over the head and everything fogged.
Tex tried to move, but he could not. His hands just wouldn't move. His head was spinning and his vision was blurred, but he heard every word the men said.
The men stood up, dusting themselves off and looked at Hank Moor.
"Hank! I wondered where you were. I couldn't believe he made it past you,"  It was Kid's voice.
"Well, believe it," Hank snarled back, "He came up behind me with nary a sound. Knocked me out cold! Thing is, how did he get behind me without me seen' him?" Hank's voice shook with anger.
Someone suddenly turned and grabbed a rifle. Tex heard the foot steps as the man ran to the cliff. A loud curse rent the air. "They got away! We're in trouble now. If they tell what happened a whole posy will come after us!"
There was groans and some mumbling. Someone kicked at the dirt. "What do we do with him?" Tex knew Kid meant him.
"Kill him, of course, knuckle head!" One of the men answered but his voice didn't sound as sure as his words.
"How?" Kid asked.
There was silence.
No one wants that job. Tex thought skeptically. Killing a man from a distance is different then killing a helpless man face to face.
_______________________
Tom and Chuck rode back to the ranch. Tom said a quick prayer of thanks that they had gotten out alive. Doc came out on the porch to greet them. "Glad to see your alive and healthy, boys," he said cheerfully.
Then Doc's eyes fell on Moor, who was leaning in the saddle in a very uncomfortable position. "Get him down. I'll get my supplies ready." Doc ordered. He turned to go into the house but turned back and asked,"Where's Tex?"
Tom's head came up. "Isn't he here?"
Worry flooded Doc's face. "No. He rode out to see if you needed help."
Tom turned back to Moor. "Let's hope he makes it home tonight." Tom slid Moor off the saddle.
Chuck grabbed Moor leg's and together they carried him into the house.
It was the last thing said about Tex that night but definitely not the last thought.

AND... there it is! This chapter's kind of short and maybe a little confusing but I guess it's okay. Are you ready for the next chapter?
~Kylie Nancy

Comments

  1. *chuckles* this is getting quite interesting, girl. *winks* I can tell you had fun writing it. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laugh* Thank you!
      I did! I did! I had even more fun on the next one! *wink*

      Delete
  2. You need to post more soon!! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It looks like I'm back

 Hi there. It's Kylie here. It's been a while, hey? *laughs* Well, I'm back for at least one post. I thought I would just give a little update, about my crazy, exciting, boarding, sad, life. To begin with: my brother's wedding! I know I left off blogging right before their wedding because life was SO busy then... and hasn't really slowed down at all. The wedding was fabulous! It still brings a smile to my face to remember that special day. My brother and his bride were beaming with joy and it just radiated over the whole place. My heart still warms with the memory of how they walked out man in wife, their faces lit up with happiness! *sigh* If only I could live that day over again. But now for a few pictures... just a couple. *winks* *laughs* Yeeaahhh... Jew a couple pictures. *winks* And there's more! Now they are going to have a baby!!!!!!! I'm going to be an aunt! *squeals* *does happy dance* Isn't that amazing?! Such a blessing! 💖💗💖💗 The baby won

Changing

        Hi all! I'm calling this post "Changing." You will soon find out why. My Interests: I like to read, write, paint, draw, take pictures, and I love music! My Personality: I like elegant but am also a bit of a tomboy. I daydream a lot! I love to try new things!(Even when it scares me almost to death! *Wink*) I dive into things, and sometimes end up embarrassed. *sigh* I wish I wouldn't do that! I like: Long dresses, aprons, dressing up, guns, hunting, doing cartwheels, running, paper, pencils, leather, books, Friends, bonfires, mountain air, cowboy hat, cowboy boot, cameras, old fashion clothing, and more! I hate: Snakes! Mice, Bats, spiders, spelling. I guess I don't hate much. Hey, It's a wonderful life!   I Dream Of:   Standing on a quiet mountain... Writing in a leather bound notebook... Wearing a long dress. Like one of these!  (All these picture are from Pinterest) Why am I te

July 2019

Picture Removed By Author My shirt says "My Brother Graduated from  the USMC" and he did! Hurrah! Hey! It's me. I notices that I haven't been putting vary many post about my life on here. I thought I would share this month. A pretty busy month!                   It started with my favorite holiday! Independence Day! To bad it comes only once a year! Picture Removed By Author                                                                        Cherry picking!                                             I road with Cody to visit some cousins! It was so fun! Picture Removed By Author                                                                      We're there!                                                     Now we're on the way home.                                                 Home again. Did my hair. What do you think? Picture Removed By Author                             The next weekend it's back to see my co