Skip to main content

Top Ten Baby Names


Hey, everyone! Liberty @ Elegant cowgirl did a post like this and I thought it sounded fun so I'm going to do it too! Mine is going to be a little different because I'm also going to put the meanings of the names.


Top Ten Boy Names: (note: names aren't in an order)

1. John- I know this name sounds so simple but I've always used it since I was a child. My Grandpa is named Jon and my little brother Levi's middle name is Jon, and my dad had an Uncle Johnny that died. I also think it's cute to call someone Johnny.
Meaning: Jehovah (God) has been gracious

2. Abel- I just used this name in the book I'm writing. I just grabbed a random name for a person that wouldn't be in it very much. It ended up that I like the name. I don't really know why. I just like the sound of it I guess.
Meaning: Breath; son; breathing spirit

3. Wayne- I've always liked this name since I read the Canadian Mountie series By Jannet Oke. His name is Wynn but When I read it the first time I thought it was Wayne. That was until I was corrected. But I still like the name Wayne.
Meaning: Craftsman

4. Anthony- I found this name on a list I made a while ago, I still like it!
Meaning: Highly praiseworthy

5. Alvin- Okay, so this name comes from a hero from world war I, Alvin York. Who says you can't name your kid after a hero, right? He was a Christian and his story is amazing! There is a movie about him, it pretty good, but I don't know about the facts and all that. The first time I heard the story was through Adventures in Odyssey, a long time ago, and I love it.
Meaning: Wise friend

6. Marvin- I have a great Uncle Marvin who fought in World War II. I've always thought it would be great to name a baby after him. I don't remember ever talking to him. I do remember seeing him. He's a hero in my book and it will be sad when he is gone. Which won't be long from the sounds of it. *sighs sadly*
Meaning: sea hill (whatever that is) *shrugs*

7. William- Mostly just because I would love to call him Willie! I think it's such a cute nickname! It makes me think of Willie from "The Seasons of the Heart series." He is such a good friend with a huge heart for God! And It makes me think of Willie from the "Love comes Softly" series as well. I mean who couldn't like him?
Meaning: strong-willed warrior

8. Francis- Yet another name from a hero! This one from the Revolutionary war. Francis Maryann, known to most as the "Swamp Fox." I can't say I know a whole lot about him, but I like the TV Show, (I did use this name in The Buck Brothers, but we're not there yet.)
Meaning: free man

9. Thomas- Nickname, Tom or Tommy. Yep, I used this name in my book. I just used names I like in my first book.
Meaning: twin or leader

10. Walter- If you've ever watched "Indescribable." I love that movie and I love the message! I love how sweet "Big Brother Walter" is to his little siblings! 
Meaning: Rules the people; powerful ruler

Top Ten Girl Baby names:

1. Esther- I love this name. It makes me think of girl willing and ready to go where God leads.
Meaning: star

2. Faith- I think this name has a beautiful ring to it! And I think the name itself explains why.
Meaning: Confidence; trust; belief

3. Freedom- Another name I love! I'm not sure if it's a girl or boy name though. I think it's used for both. It makes me think of our Fore Fathers, the sacrifices they made so we can have the Freedom we have today!
Meaning: Not In Captivity

4. Nancy- Now this name has heritage. My Grandma's name was Nancy and my mom's middle name is Nancy and My middle name is Nancy. So it would be passing on the name to another generation!
Meaning: full of grace

5. Amber- I'm not sure why I like this name, I just do.
Meaning: Jewel. A jewel-quality fossilized resin; as a color the name refers to a warm honey shade.

6. Mary- I find this name so simple and pretty! It makes me think of Mary the mother of Jesus, who willingly did as God asked her. It makes me think of Mary in "The Seasons of the Heart" series by Jannete Oke. She is such a sweet, simple, loving, understanding, patient girl. It also makes me think of Mary Ingalls, from "The little House on the Prairie" series, She to was such a quiet and patient girl, taking each day of struggles quietly. It is also my great grandma's name.
Meaning: beloved lady

7. Patience- I think I would use the nick name Patty. I thought of this name as I wrote why I liked the  name in #6. It just brought back the name to me that I've loved for a long time and forgot about.
Meaning: charity, chastity, diligence, humility, kindness, patience and temperance

8. Elise- I love this name!
Meaning: pledged to God

9. Pearl- Little Pearly!!!
Meaning:  associated with innocence and modesty.

10: Mercy- God's mercy. I've loved this name for quite a while now. A girl in a book I really like had this name.
Meaning: compassion or forbearance

There! Made it! I hope you enjoyed this post.
God bless and keep safe,
Kylie Nancy

Comments

  1. Fun post, Kylie! I heard about Alvin York on an Adventures in Odeyssey too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post! Loved reading all the names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really like all of these! It's funny that you said the names Esther and Anthony. Those are my main characters names in my new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way... we helped with the movie indescribable. My sis was actually one of the main parts (sort of.)

      Delete
    2. *smiles* Really? That's funny!
      WOW! That's so cool! Which part did she play?

      Delete
    3. That's so cool! Tell her she did great!

      Delete
    4. Okay! :) The funny thing is that she hardly remembers being in the movie.

      Delete
    5. What?!!! *laughs* I guess that would make sense though...

      Delete
    6. Well is was made almost 10 years ago and she was only 6.

      Delete
    7. Oh and by the way, they are making another movie called We Three Kings. It is coming this winter. My brother got one of the main parts for it. :)

      Delete
  4. I've never thought of using the name Freedom for a girl but I like it! Very cute and unique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It looks like I'm back

 Hi there. It's Kylie here. It's been a while, hey? *laughs* Well, I'm back for at least one post. I thought I would just give a little update, about my crazy, exciting, boarding, sad, life. To begin with: my brother's wedding! I know I left off blogging right before their wedding because life was SO busy then... and hasn't really slowed down at all. The wedding was fabulous! It still brings a smile to my face to remember that special day. My brother and his bride were beaming with joy and it just radiated over the whole place. My heart still warms with the memory of how they walked out man in wife, their faces lit up with happiness! *sigh* If only I could live that day over again. But now for a few pictures... just a couple. *winks* *laughs* Yeeaahhh... Jew a couple pictures. *winks* And there's more! Now they are going to have a baby!!!!!!! I'm going to be an aunt! *squeals* *does happy dance* Isn't that amazing?! Such a blessing! 💖💗💖💗 The baby won

Changing

        Hi all! I'm calling this post "Changing." You will soon find out why. My Interests: I like to read, write, paint, draw, take pictures, and I love music! My Personality: I like elegant but am also a bit of a tomboy. I daydream a lot! I love to try new things!(Even when it scares me almost to death! *Wink*) I dive into things, and sometimes end up embarrassed. *sigh* I wish I wouldn't do that! I like: Long dresses, aprons, dressing up, guns, hunting, doing cartwheels, running, paper, pencils, leather, books, Friends, bonfires, mountain air, cowboy hat, cowboy boot, cameras, old fashion clothing, and more! I hate: Snakes! Mice, Bats, spiders, spelling. I guess I don't hate much. Hey, It's a wonderful life!   I Dream Of:   Standing on a quiet mountain... Writing in a leather bound notebook... Wearing a long dress. Like one of these!  (All these picture are from Pinterest) Why am I te

July 2019

Picture Removed By Author My shirt says "My Brother Graduated from  the USMC" and he did! Hurrah! Hey! It's me. I notices that I haven't been putting vary many post about my life on here. I thought I would share this month. A pretty busy month!                   It started with my favorite holiday! Independence Day! To bad it comes only once a year! Picture Removed By Author                                                                        Cherry picking!                                             I road with Cody to visit some cousins! It was so fun! Picture Removed By Author                                                                      We're there!                                                     Now we're on the way home.                                                 Home again. Did my hair. What do you think? Picture Removed By Author                             The next weekend it's back to see my co