Skip to main content

I'm Back, It's 2021 and We Did MOVE!

 Hello everyone. Happy New Year!
*clears throat* I hope my sudden disappearance didn't take you to much by surprise. I didn't mean to drop off a cliff like Sherlock Holmes and then reappear again. *shrug* Such is life, I guess.
Well, let's see. Where to start...
Okay so last you knew I said we might be moving. Well... WE DID! We moved to a mountain home over looking a canyon. It's beautiful up here! 
Here's a picture in the snow and below are a few from before we moved in when it was still dry.
This view is actually to the left of the view above,
and this one is to the right of the first view. We have like a 180° view off our back porch.
I love the views here! The air is so refreshing and walking to the edge of the ridge and looking down is soothing to my nerves. One thing about our new land we don't like is it is steep! So, no sledding down into the canyon!
So, now about the house. It's a manufactured home and, no, it was not in good condition when we bought it! Time for a real quick house tour before the remodel! 

Welcome to the original front porch. Not so cute is it! And why they have two doors like right next to each other, one going into the laundry room which would not have enough room to take shoes off, don't ask me!
This is the living room, the front door is to your right in this photo.
And this is the living room looking in from the front door. You can also see the living room in this picture and the kitchen is behind that wall on the left.
Here's the kitchen. Okay, so it doesn't look that bad... in the picture. Trust me, it was really, really gross. The whole house was.
Now, in the dinning room there is a door. It goes into this master bedroom. It was probably the worst room in the house. Nope, it had no floors.
In the Master bedroom there is a closet and a bathroom.
If you go back threw the living room there is a little hall with a bathroom on the right and the laundry room on the left.
And on that end of the house there was two bedrooms. One is gone now but I'll get to that in a minute. First a run over of the remodel of the main part of the house. So, it was slow pain taking work to get the main part of the house done, while still living in our old house and it was a bit of a drive to get to our new house. Slowly we got the floors all torn out, (they looked okay but whoever but them in didn't know how and they were still kind of gross) the house cleaned, painted, and a whole ton of other stuff you wouldn't know to think of before fixing up your house. We some times slept at the new house, (yep, on the gross floor! We put tarps and blankets under us.) 
First off, we tore out the floors. It isn't that hard to pull out when you have an empty house and only took a hour or a little more.

Picture Removed By Author
One of the first times we slept at our new house it was partly because the roads were so bad! When we woke up... Look at the snow!! This was in October by the way! That snow all melted and we have snow off and on still. Winter doesn't seem to want to make up it's mind!

Picture Removed By Author
My Dad had to replace a huge section of floor in the laundry room. It was rotted out.
We primed and painted the Master.
We spent hours upon hours upon hours sanding down cabinets so we could paint them!

Kitchen all primed!
The floor all in the Master! Almost done in there!
We had a bunch of our Church family help us start the addition. That's what happened to one of the bedrooms, it's going to be a mudroom and how we get into the addition, which will have my bedroom in it. We're not  done with it yet though.

Picture Removed By Author
By Thanksgiving we were mostly moved in. Here I am making pumpkin pie!
And we had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas after that.
and now... I share what the house in like now... Later!!
I don't mean to leave you hanging but I really need to get this posted and so... I hope I get back on soon to share more! If I don't get in on in a couple weeks, go ahead and start yelling at me! 
~Kylie Nancy

Comments

  1. WOW. A couple I know bought a fixer-upper house, and I helped watch their baby in a back bedroom while they tore up floors in the kitchen (my brothers lent a hand with that part). It's a lot of work!
    I look forward to seeing the updated pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is A LOT of work to redo a whole house!
      I'll get them on soon as I get them uploaded and have time!

      Delete
  2. Your situation is like what ours was when we moved. The house we live is needed MAJOR renovations (unless you wanted to live like it was the 1960s), and to this day, we're still working on it. We had taken out the carpet and put flooring down, but we are probably going to have to rip out the new flooring because it's falling apart.
    I hope to see more posts from you, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so fun and such a pain at the same time?!
      ;D

      Delete
  3. Wow cool! It looks like a lot of work, but it's looking great! The views are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooved reading this! To be honest I don’t know much about what’s going on in your life and I never see pictures. So this was wonderful!!!
    That view is gorgeous!
    When we moved into this house we did a lot of new stuff but we didn’t do it as quickly as you folks. *winks* We’re still slowly remodeling our house. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm sorry! I should post more often!
      They are!
      Yep. Everyone has their own story of how they did it!

      Delete
  5. loved this! So exciting. That view. gasp. I wouldn't mind waking up to that every morning *laughs*
    Thanks for the little tour. I love these kinds of things! And even though I am sure this has been ALOT of tiring work, it looks so fun to me! Enjoy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I know!!
      Your welcome! It is fun! and tiring! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It looks like I'm back

 Hi there. It's Kylie here. It's been a while, hey? *laughs* Well, I'm back for at least one post. I thought I would just give a little update, about my crazy, exciting, boarding, sad, life. To begin with: my brother's wedding! I know I left off blogging right before their wedding because life was SO busy then... and hasn't really slowed down at all. The wedding was fabulous! It still brings a smile to my face to remember that special day. My brother and his bride were beaming with joy and it just radiated over the whole place. My heart still warms with the memory of how they walked out man in wife, their faces lit up with happiness! *sigh* If only I could live that day over again. But now for a few pictures... just a couple. *winks* *laughs* Yeeaahhh... Jew a couple pictures. *winks* And there's more! Now they are going to have a baby!!!!!!! I'm going to be an aunt! *squeals* *does happy dance* Isn't that amazing?! Such a blessing! πŸ’–πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’— The baby won

Changing

        Hi all! I'm calling this post "Changing." You will soon find out why. My Interests: I like to read, write, paint, draw, take pictures, and I love music! My Personality: I like elegant but am also a bit of a tomboy. I daydream a lot! I love to try new things!(Even when it scares me almost to death! *Wink*) I dive into things, and sometimes end up embarrassed. *sigh* I wish I wouldn't do that! I like: Long dresses, aprons, dressing up, guns, hunting, doing cartwheels, running, paper, pencils, leather, books, Friends, bonfires, mountain air, cowboy hat, cowboy boot, cameras, old fashion clothing, and more! I hate: Snakes! Mice, Bats, spiders, spelling. I guess I don't hate much. Hey, It's a wonderful life!   I Dream Of:   Standing on a quiet mountain... Writing in a leather bound notebook... Wearing a long dress. Like one of these!  (All these picture are from Pinterest) Why am I te

July 2019

Picture Removed By Author My shirt says "My Brother Graduated from  the USMC" and he did! Hurrah! Hey! It's me. I notices that I haven't been putting vary many post about my life on here. I thought I would share this month. A pretty busy month!                   It started with my favorite holiday! Independence Day! To bad it comes only once a year! Picture Removed By Author                                                                        Cherry picking!                                             I road with Cody to visit some cousins! It was so fun! Picture Removed By Author                                                                      We're there!                                                     Now we're on the way home.                                                 Home again. Did my hair. What do you think? Picture Removed By Author                             The next weekend it's back to see my co