Skip to main content

Sneak Peek Into My Book!

  
  
Welcome back! Today I'm excited to share a few sneak peeks into my book "The Buck Brothers". The name may change but that's what I'm calling it right now. I plan on sharing the whole book after it is finished. But I'm making no promises!
     
      First a quick summery:
         "The Buck Brothers" is about four brothers in the wild west.. Texas (Tex) is the oldest. He is the quiet one, quick to make up his mind, and not afraid to defend what he thinks is right. Then comes Thomas (Tom). His is much like his older brother, but is not as serious. Charles (Chuck) is next. He is full of jokes, and is liked for his teasing smile. The last one is Luke. He is different then the rest. Often called a book worm, or a philosopher. His brothers say he is going to become a teacher, or lawyer.
           
    I would like to add that the places and the characters in this book are all fake. I made them up.

       Now for those sneak peeks!
    
 This is from Chapter Two: (I haven't given the chapters names yet, but I plan on it.)
       
      They(Tom and Chuck) stopped short, when they heard the horses spook and snort, their ears up listening. They stood and listened. Nothing. The horses calmed. Chuck glanced at Tom, He was looking around them with careful eyes. He looked back at Chuck and shrugged. He took one more step out, and looked around again. Chuck saw a flicker of light up atop the cliff to the right.

  "Look Out!" He yelled, sure the flicker of light was from the sun hitting a rifle barrel.

    Tom jumped back and tumbled on top Chuck and Moor as two shots sounded. Rolling quickly up. Tom grabbed Moor's legs and pulled him back behind the boulders. Chuck grabbed his rifle that was leaning on the rocks. They crouched behind the rocks, unsure what to do.

 This is from Chapter Three:
 
      "Why, You low liven..." Kid took a step foreword.
     Tex gun went back to his shoulder making the Kid stop mid step. "You take one more step and you will be the first to get shot." Tex said. Kid took a slow step back.

       "Ok, what now?" One man snarled at Tex, but he seamed to be looking at some thing behind Tex.

    "First..." Tex suddenly spun around, at the sound of a foot step behind him. The men on the cliff dived forward grabbed for his feet making him trip. He hit the ground with a grunt and then some thing struck him over the head, and every thing fogged.
  

This is from Chapter Four:

   Tom watched as Tex placed the field glasses to his eyes. Now he was glad he had thought of grabbing Tex's saddle bags. He watched as a frown crossed his brothers face. "Here." Tex said passing Tom the glasses.

   Tom studied the ranch, worry crossed his face. The ranch was a mess! The barn door was open. The bedroom door hung on one hinge. The basin was tipped, and the corral gate was open, the horses gone. The chair that normally sat on the porch was in the yard. A dread came over Tom. That chair that was in the yard, was where he had last seen Luke.


  
This is from Chapter Five:

    The wind suddenly picked up speed. Whirling the dust round. The brothers pulled up their bandannas. Tipping his head down, so that the brim of his hat  blocked the wind, Tex yelled, "We need to get to cover! This is going to be one mean sand storm!"

Chuck held his hat with one hand, and pointed with the other. "There!" He yelled.

      The brothers spurred their horses to the nearest rock formation. Where, they quickly dismounted. They grabbed their blankets off the back of their saddles, and tied them over their horses eyes, and noses. Then they tied the horses to a rock that gutted out of the larger rock formation.

    By then, there was so much sand being blown around it was hard to see. They sat against the rock, knees pulled to their faces, bandannas up to their eyebrows.
 

This is from Chapter Nine:

   Hank glared at him. "I came here to talk with the Bakers, not some drunk cowhand."

      "I don't drink." Tex said coolly.

      "I want Baker. Where is he?"

   Hank was getting mad. Tex knew one wrong move and there would be shooting.

     "He don't want to talk to you." Ben said suddenly.

   Hank's face turned red with anger. "I said, I want to talk to him and I will talk to him!"

      "If you have anything to tell him, tell us, and we'll tell him for you." Tex said. He didn't want Baker getting in to this.

     Hank swore and reached for his gun. He was bringing up his gun whan a shot rang out. Hank drop the pistol and grasped his right hand with his left. Blood oozed from between his fingers.
 
 This is from Chapter Eleven:

     Paul (Her real name is Pauline) drew a sharp breath. Luke was in no condition to fight! He could barely stand! Foss snorted. "You? You are telling me what to do?"

      "I am. Leave her be." Luke eyes were cool, and he was calm.

     Foss didn't like it, and stepped forward and slapped Luke across the mouth with the back of his hand. Then he punched him in the stomach. Luke stumbled and fell. Foss went to kick him, but Paul grabbed his arm. "Leave him be." She begged. "You'll Kill him! Please, stop! Leave him alone!"

    Foss shoved her away. She slipped on a stone and fell back against a tree. She gasped as pain shot from her head down her spine. Foss turned back to Luke, who had now gotten to his knees. Foss kicked him in the stomach. Luke doubled over gasping for breath.


   
And there you have it! Are you interested in finding out what's going to happens? Do you want me to put it on my blog? I hope you enjoyed!

         Bye for now! ~ Kylie Nancy

 

Comments

  1. Yay! I can't wait till the first chapter gets posted, I'm really enjoying it! *smiles* <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds very interesting!
    I had heard a little bit about your book from Damara, but it was nice to see a few lines of it for myself. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I already heard most of it, but it's different when you're reading yourself. I didn't hear the scene from chapter eleven and that scene alone made me aching for you to publish more of your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It was so fun to write! I will try to publish my book. Promise, I'll try!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It looks like I'm back

 Hi there. It's Kylie here. It's been a while, hey? *laughs* Well, I'm back for at least one post. I thought I would just give a little update, about my crazy, exciting, boarding, sad, life. To begin with: my brother's wedding! I know I left off blogging right before their wedding because life was SO busy then... and hasn't really slowed down at all. The wedding was fabulous! It still brings a smile to my face to remember that special day. My brother and his bride were beaming with joy and it just radiated over the whole place. My heart still warms with the memory of how they walked out man in wife, their faces lit up with happiness! *sigh* If only I could live that day over again. But now for a few pictures... just a couple. *winks* *laughs* Yeeaahhh... Jew a couple pictures. *winks* And there's more! Now they are going to have a baby!!!!!!! I'm going to be an aunt! *squeals* *does happy dance* Isn't that amazing?! Such a blessing! 💖💗💖💗 The baby won

Changing

        Hi all! I'm calling this post "Changing." You will soon find out why. My Interests: I like to read, write, paint, draw, take pictures, and I love music! My Personality: I like elegant but am also a bit of a tomboy. I daydream a lot! I love to try new things!(Even when it scares me almost to death! *Wink*) I dive into things, and sometimes end up embarrassed. *sigh* I wish I wouldn't do that! I like: Long dresses, aprons, dressing up, guns, hunting, doing cartwheels, running, paper, pencils, leather, books, Friends, bonfires, mountain air, cowboy hat, cowboy boot, cameras, old fashion clothing, and more! I hate: Snakes! Mice, Bats, spiders, spelling. I guess I don't hate much. Hey, It's a wonderful life!   I Dream Of:   Standing on a quiet mountain... Writing in a leather bound notebook... Wearing a long dress. Like one of these!  (All these picture are from Pinterest) Why am I te

July 2019

Picture Removed By Author My shirt says "My Brother Graduated from  the USMC" and he did! Hurrah! Hey! It's me. I notices that I haven't been putting vary many post about my life on here. I thought I would share this month. A pretty busy month!                   It started with my favorite holiday! Independence Day! To bad it comes only once a year! Picture Removed By Author                                                                        Cherry picking!                                             I road with Cody to visit some cousins! It was so fun! Picture Removed By Author                                                                      We're there!                                                     Now we're on the way home.                                                 Home again. Did my hair. What do you think? Picture Removed By Author                             The next weekend it's back to see my co