Skip to main content

The 30 Day Challenge // Day Twenty-four

 Day Twenty-four: A Throwback Photo:


I was unsure what to do here because I do Memory a Month but, Okay, I guess you'll get two this month!
This picture is from when I was nine, I think. I was always having some kind of big scheme or another. This picture was going to be the cover of a movie Mikayla and I were going to make about the Titanic. Hmm...I guess the Titanic has always enthralled me! I started writing a book about the Titanic, never finished it, but I was just thinking about it. I should go find and read it.
But, back to the Throwback, I remember very well the feelings of excitement and fear I had, because I had such a vivid imagination I felt every emotion of what I was playing. I still have a vivid imagination, and it helps me to write in my books, but back then, my goodness, I wouldn't be playing something, I was there, I was the something.
Mikayla will talk about what someone else was doing when we played this or that, but I only remember playing that thing. Most of the time I don't remember where I played it, because in my mind we were somewhere else.
Well, end of story, we didn't make the movie. That's what happened to most my schemes. Nothing much ever came of them.
~Kylie Nancy

Comments

  1. That's a cute photo! You two are so little. <3

    I've been intrigued by the Titanic as well! I also thought I was going to write a book about it, but didn't get very far. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are so little!
      Yeah, Damara said something about that!

      Delete
  2. I've always been fascinated by the story of the Titanic. If you enjoy reading historical fiction, the book Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady (it's in the Dear America series) is really good.
    And I totally relate to getting so into "playing pretend" when you were younger that it felt real :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I might have read it before. I'll have to check.

      Delete
  3. Hi nice to meet you. I just started a blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It looks like I'm back

 Hi there. It's Kylie here. It's been a while, hey? *laughs* Well, I'm back for at least one post. I thought I would just give a little update, about my crazy, exciting, boarding, sad, life. To begin with: my brother's wedding! I know I left off blogging right before their wedding because life was SO busy then... and hasn't really slowed down at all. The wedding was fabulous! It still brings a smile to my face to remember that special day. My brother and his bride were beaming with joy and it just radiated over the whole place. My heart still warms with the memory of how they walked out man in wife, their faces lit up with happiness! *sigh* If only I could live that day over again. But now for a few pictures... just a couple. *winks* *laughs* Yeeaahhh... Jew a couple pictures. *winks* And there's more! Now they are going to have a baby!!!!!!! I'm going to be an aunt! *squeals* *does happy dance* Isn't that amazing?! Such a blessing! 💖💗💖💗 The baby won

Book Reviews // Charley Skedaddle

Then came a fearful yowling from directly above him. It wasn't just a screeching now but something more-scratching on the shingles right over him. The painter (Panther, cougar, Mountain Lion, Puma...)was back- and hungry! Did she know he was here alone? Charley Skedaddle By Patricia Beatty I give this book Three stars Okay, so I gave a book three stars. The thing is... I liked the book but... well, I'll explain later. Plot: Charley Quinn was never scared  of a fight or to get his hands dirty, after all he's Bowery Boy. A member of one of the toughest gangs in New York City. After his brother is killed at Gettysburg, Charley vows revenge and enlists with the Union army as a drummer boy. But the horrors of war become a reality- and he sees his best friend killed- Charley is terrified.  He "skedaddles" from both the union army he deserted and the Confederates who arrest him as spy. Charley heads for the Blue Mountains. There he meets Granny Bent, an orne

Changing

        Hi all! I'm calling this post "Changing." You will soon find out why. My Interests: I like to read, write, paint, draw, take pictures, and I love music! My Personality: I like elegant but am also a bit of a tomboy. I daydream a lot! I love to try new things!(Even when it scares me almost to death! *Wink*) I dive into things, and sometimes end up embarrassed. *sigh* I wish I wouldn't do that! I like: Long dresses, aprons, dressing up, guns, hunting, doing cartwheels, running, paper, pencils, leather, books, Friends, bonfires, mountain air, cowboy hat, cowboy boot, cameras, old fashion clothing, and more! I hate: Snakes! Mice, Bats, spiders, spelling. I guess I don't hate much. Hey, It's a wonderful life!   I Dream Of:   Standing on a quiet mountain... Writing in a leather bound notebook... Wearing a long dress. Like one of these!  (All these picture are from Pinterest) Why am I te